1. Do your movements slowly, without stopping. Avoid jerky movements. Maintain same speed throughout.
2. Imagine you're moving against resistance. Like you are moving through water.
3. Be aware of transferring your weight from one foot to the other.
4. Maintain an upright posture and body alignment.
5. Loosen or "Song" the joints. Consciously and gently stretch your joints from within, almost as if you're expanding your joints internally.
6. Focus on your movements. Avoid distractions. Be mindful of what you're doing. Be aware of all the principles mentioned above, but think of them one at a time.